Eight by Eight #8
In This Item
Eight by Eight’s 8th issue presents 116 beautiful pages dedicated to the beautiful game: football. Inside, you’ll find long-form features penned by some of the world’s most acclaimed journalists; vibrant illustration and photography; and aggressive, modern design.
- The New Prince of Italy: Marco Verratti is never happier than when he’s suiting up for the Azzurri. By Paolo Bandini and Roger Neve.
- 100 Years of Fortitude: Copa America has been small, big, bad, and great over the past 100 years, and this year’s party should be the best yet. By Jonathan Wilson and Ben Kirchner.
- Inside the Mystic: Running Chelsea like a benevolent Rasputin, there’s no disputin’ the magical spell cast by Roman Abramovich. By Simon Kuper and Diego Patino.
- Two-footed. Single-minded: Fabian Johnson may have been born and raised in Munich, but his heart is 100% with the USMNT. By Uli Hesse.
- All Eyes on Paul: Paul Pogba might already be the best box-to-box midfielder on the planet. But leading France to victory will take more than skill alone. By Paolo Bandini.
- Patrick and the Third Rail: What the hell is Patrick Vieira doing in New York? By Corley Miller and Andrew Hetherington.
- The Last Great Tournament: After these championships, no more cockeyed carnivals of revelry, pageantry, and celebration. By John Doyle and Jungyeon Roh.
- The Face of a Nation: There’s a reason why Karim Benzema is absent from France’s hall of idols. And it starts with his name. By Philippe Auclair.
Plus: Joachim Löw, Zlatan Ibrahimović, Paulo Dybala, England vs. Wales, Robin van Persie’s sad Euro 2016 watch party and a special PUMA supplement comes with every Issue 08!
A soccer magazine with a global perspective of the world's beautiful game. Hails from: USA Frequency: Quarterly (4 issues a year)